In the 4h part, I’ll show you how to assign a license to your Microsoft 365 users. There are several ways to assign licenses to your users. In one of my previous blogs, I described a way to automate it with Azure AD groups. You can find that post here.
Because this is a Beginner’s Guide, I’ll show you the manual way of assigning licenses to users via the Microsoft 365 admin portal.
Follow these steps to assign a license to your user, be sure to have available licenses on your Microsoft 365 tenant.
- First go to the Microsoft 365 admin portal,
- Then go to Active users,
- Now click on the user you want to assign a license,
- Then, on the right side of the screen, click on the tab Licenses and apps.
- Now choose the correct license by marking the check field.
- Last but not least, click on Save Changes.
Your user has now a license assigned and can enjoy the features of Microsoft 365.
That’s it for part 4 of the Beginner’s Guide Series on how to assign a license to your Microsoft 365 users. This must be one of my shortest written posts in this Series, but nonetheless an important one for starting to use Microsoft 365 services.